Hitting on someone might seem like an easy task for your best friend, for the cute guy in the group, or the girl who always has a boyfriend, however when it comes to securing the one you are truly fond of we can all use a little help. Batter up!
I spent my life approaching men. In high school, college, and for a couple of years after, if I wanted something I would go for it. The other day I gave this good-looking man my number, but he never called. What had I done wrong? Let’s review the dos and don’ts in the art of Hitting on Someone.
- Just walk up to someone and ask them for their number
- Have your friend hand the crush a business card or digits
- Get their digits from someone else and then call them
- Hang on them when you are drunk
- Try too hard
- Start small talk with them. No one wants to feel like you are being too forward. Less is more. Ask about a book they are reading, borrow the newspaper. (Heck my girlfriend even made small talk with a man about the half and half by the coffee. Before we left he asked for her digits!) Compliment what they are wearing, music they might be listening to, or a job they are doing.
- Be yourself. Talk for yourself. Even if you are shy, having a friend talk for you is tacky.
- Laugh. I say this often but laughing and having a good time makes you more approachable. Genuine happiness is always the best.
- Be confident-sexy. Your confidence says everything. If there is something you continually complain about like your legs, hair, biceps, etc. – change it and then get back on the dating field. Being unsure of yourself makes you somewhat unapproachable. You can get what you want when you feel your best.