- Intimacy & Verbal Intimacy: This includes the ability to connect and the ability to listen.
- Energy Level: If you are always on the go, you need a partner on the go. The turtle and the rabbit would never run the same race. In a relationship you need someone running your race. Having the same energy level will keep one partner from feeling like they are pressuring you to keep up or like they can’t keep up with you.
- Level of Ambition: This pairs with energy level; if you are always accomplishing new things, you need a partner that does the same. If you are content in a minimal level of goals you need a partner who feels the same. This helps conflict and constant nagging from the high-achiever to the low achiever.
- Role Expectations: Both partners should be happy in the role expectations of one another.
- Hobbies/Interests: Relationships begin on chemistry and attraction but are built on participation, hobbies, and interests.
- Personal Habits: This can be as simple as organization and cleanliness. Being similar in these ways helps establish even roles and long-term commitment
- Shared Perception of Religion: It is important to share the same or similar religious practices and goals.
The Cynical Therapist came to be when two therapists became friends. SoulMates or Kindered Spirit Animals... Call us what you will.... We are two bad*** chics Licensed to teach you how to grow into your full potential and add some humor along the way.
Laurie Wilson and Elle Anzalone are both Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist practicing in the Huntington Beach, CA area.