The word chivalry comes from the demeanor of knights in the middle ages; the nobel knights had courage and honor. Today we understand chivalry as the acts of men when taking care of a lady. Men, we appreciate these acts.
There is a disconnect today with how to treat a lady. Check out this list to get the low down on these high-class chivalrous acts:
- Open or hold doors
- Pay the bill
- Carry the luggage
- Scrape off the car windows in the winter
- Offer your jacket when she is cold
- Stand up when a woman arrives at or leaves the table
- Pull the car around for her
- Walk on the sidewalk closest to the street
- Pull out her chair
Ladies, don’t settle for a man that isn’t a gentleman or doesn’t do his best to attempt to be. Make sure you do your part by being thankful and polite in equally acceptable ways.